Automated cross-docking reduces labour with 50%
Cross-docking is a lean logistics solution that covers the challenges of modern retail distribution. Direct transshipment of products to stores on an on-demand basis, (instead of delivery from stock) gets products to customers faster, and eliminates warehouse stock costs, material handling and personnel time. Our automated cross-docking system, based on automated sortation and the VISION Logistics Software Suite, can bring even bigger benefits:
- Manual labour can be reduced by as much as 50%
- Store-friendly delivery makes it easier and more efficient to fill store shelves
- Accuracy is significantly higher; 100% correct deliveries are ensured
- The supply chain is made visible by built-in tracking and tracing
- You can actively monitor and manage the process with the VISION warehouse management system
Automated cross-docking is especially beneficial for fresh products to ensure product quality. We have implemented automated cross-docking systems for food retailers such as LeClerc. Forapparel and footwear, automated cross docking is especially used for the push flows to create a fast fashion model (see: Schenker). Automated cross docking is also gaining popularity for high-tech products and electronics to achieve short time-to-market (see: Syncreon Technology).